- RSS Channel Showcase 9931881
- RSS Channel Showcase 4449994
- RSS Channel Showcase 6972195
- RSS Channel Showcase 7820573
Articles on this Page
- 01/15/16--12:42: _Crayfish Tortellini
- 01/21/16--11:36: _Beetroot Risotto
- 01/29/16--11:25: _Pan seared Swordfis...
- 02/01/16--20:18: _Salmon Potato Cakes
- 02/16/16--10:12: _Summer Salmon Frittata
- 03/15/16--21:46: _Lamb Filo Pie
- 04/01/16--20:23: _Creamy Spaghetti an...
- 05/08/16--17:06: _Tofu Panang Curry
- 07/30/16--22:44: _Creamy Green Chicke...
- 08/09/16--12:49: _Lamb Kofta
- 08/29/16--01:21: _Pasta with Bacon Br...
- 11/10/16--10:56: _Curried Rice Salad
- 12/12/16--10:39: _Chicken and Olive T...
- 04/25/17--01:20: _Chicken and Mushroo...
- 06/27/17--23:02: _Sausage with Veggie...
- 07/09/17--23:08: _CHICKEN FAJITAS
- 08/14/17--00:48: _Baby Panang – for p...
- 08/17/17--16:40: _Family Mince and Ch...
- 01/15/16--12:42: Crayfish Tortellini
- 01/21/16--11:36: Beetroot Risotto
- 02/01/16--20:18: Salmon Potato Cakes
- 02/16/16--10:12: Summer Salmon Frittata
- 03/15/16--21:46: Lamb Filo Pie
- 04/01/16--20:23: Creamy Spaghetti and Meatballs – Dairy Free and Paleo Friendly
- 05/08/16--17:06: Tofu Panang Curry
- 07/30/16--22:44: Creamy Green Chicken Pie
- 08/09/16--12:49: Lamb Kofta
- 08/29/16--01:21: Pasta with Bacon Brussels Sprouts and Leek
- 11/10/16--10:56: Curried Rice Salad
- 12/12/16--10:39: Chicken and Olive Tagine
- 04/25/17--01:20: Chicken and Mushroom Pie
- 06/27/17--23:02: Sausage with Veggie Mash and Onion Gravy
- 07/09/17--23:08: CHICKEN FAJITAS
- 08/14/17--00:48: Baby Panang – for parents too! – Baby Friendly Recipe
- 08/17/17--16:40: Family Mince and Cheese Pie
There’s something very classic about a kiwi summer and crayfish. However if you’re interested in something different that the good old garlic butter BBQ style, this is a great way to impress, and stretch out the precious crayfish meat. I’ve always been passionate about Italian food, and in 2009 I took Italian cooking classes. A […]
Meat Free Monday has been a trend over the past few years, and is about reducing your carbon footprint and improving health. Either way, meat-less meals are pretty common in my house. For one thing it’s also a little easier on the wallet, and best of all, you don’t need to compromise on flavour. Though […]
Wow! It’s been a crazy couple of weeks. I’ve finally found the time for a recipe development day.Between work & organising the kids going back to school, Housework & book covering (oh how I hate duraseal) it’s pretty hard to find the time to prepare healthy nutritious meals for the family sometimes.One of my favourite […]
This weeks recipe inspiration was due to the fact that I had all this leftover potato. This meal is fast and healthy to whip up and best of all can be prepared in advance. Given the amazing summer weather we’ve been having I cooked ours on the BBQ, otherwise a heavy based frypan will do […]
Busy summer’s day, you’ve come home from the kids sports practice, dance lessons or running the other dozen errands life throws at you. Before you know it it’s nearly 8 o’clock and you haven’t eaten dinner yet, let alone thought about what you might cook. Do you duck out and grab takeaways, or do you […]
Filo is a great way to get your pie fix, without the heaviness that pastry can sometimes have. You still get the crunchy flaky pastry and buttery flavour, but is less filling. I also like working with filo pastry, there’s something quite therapeutic about brushing it with all that butter, don’t be shy with the […]
There’s something so comforting about curling up on the couch with a big bowl of spaghetti and meatballs. It’s simple wholesome, bowl food at its best, but that’s not to say that it can’t be made to serve for friends and family which always impresses. The creaminess of this sauce comes from ground almonds, and […]
We usually eat tofu once a week. It’s affordable (only $3.20 from your local asian supermarket or veggie shop), and easy to whip up mid week. Most people tell me that tofu is bland or that they don’t know how to cook it. Both of my go to tofu recipes, this one and tofu scramble, […]
Despite the name of this pie it’s relatively light, using sour cream instead of full cream. The ‘green’ part comes from the fact that the pie is packed with greens. The filling is best made the day before, or at least early enough so that it has enough time to chill before putting into the […]
For this recipe I like to marinate the meat overnight then mince the following day. If you don’t have a mincer, buy lean lamb mince to cut down the time on this process. By marinating it overnight, you will find that the kofta mix binds together well and the flavours develop nicely. INGREDIENTS 2½ lbs (1 kg) lamb trim […]
We love pasta in this house. It’s so versatile (in flavour variations and shape) and usually super fast to whip up and wolf down. This creation takes a few classic flavour combinations and combines it into a healthy, yet hearty and downright delicious flavour explosion. Even if you ‘don’t like brussels sprouts’, I dare you […]
Rice salad is a classic dish come summer and BBQ season, and over the years I’ve tried many different varieties. All of which are delicious. Often they are dressed with soy sauce, and contain nuts and dried fruit. Personally (unless it’s baking), I’m not a fan of dried fruit. More so, with gluten and nut […]
I’m a big fan of aromatic foods, particularly Moroccan dishes. Technically a tagine is a curry, but more aromatic (cinnamon, cloves, ginger) than heat like you would get from an Indian curry. In saying that, this number does have a little chilli which can be increased or decreased to taste. If you don’t have a […]
Leftover roast chicken makes a great easy pie filling, which is perfect for these colder nights that we have been getting lately. A simple addition of a mushroom gravy and puff pastry turns your leftover chicken into this gluttonously satisfying meal. Ingredients (Serves 4 – 6) 400g puff pastry 2 -3 cups of leftover roasted […]
Sausages, mash, and gravy are a winter classic comfort food. So perfect for filling bellies and warming us up on these cooler evenings. This version is surprisingly healthy, thanks to the fact that the mash is laden with cauliflower! Steamed and pureed and disguised brilliantly within the mashed potato… perfect way to get your vegetables […]
CHICKEN FAJITAS 1 packet of Farrah’s Burrito Tortillas 1 packet of Farrah’s Fajita Spice Mix 500g chicken breast 1 capsicum 1 onion 1 tbsp oil Slice the capsicum, onion, and chicken into thin strips. Place chicken in a bag or bowl and coat in a tablespoon of oil and Farrah’s Fajita Spice Mix. Heat a […]
As of late, I have been adapting our adult meals to make a potful to freeze down for baby. I’m also aware that as he gets older, he needs to be exposed to more flavours, textures, and tastes. For this Thai Panang Curry, each time I make it will gradually increase the amount of Panang […]
It might nearly be spring, but the weather is still pretty wet and cold, so comforting warming food is just what we need. I got the inspiration for this recipe when a friend of mine was telling me about the steak and ale pie she was making; I, of course, didn’t have any steak in […]